Monday, March 9, 2009

How gluten-free is gluten free?

I've been asking myself this a lot lately. As an experiment, I've been bringing my lunches from home the past few weeks and limiting my eating out to once a week. This is good for the waistline and the wallet as well. I've been having a lot more energy and feeling more upbeat despite layoffs at work and a garden variety of personal problems. My new diet is also higher in fiber and protein and has a lot more whole fruit in it, so I'm sure all that plays into it, but I have my suspicions about the gluten.

On a recent road trip, I stopped by a Wal-mart and to my surprise saw they had several gluten-free salads to go in their refrigerated section including what looked like a lovely mozzarella and tomato salad. So, I think it's possible to sustain this new diet even if it will take some advanced planning even on the go.

I'd love to know what you guys have found out - how gluten-free are you?

No comments: