Monday, October 13, 2008

Momentary carelessness led to hours of discomfort

This weekend, I went to a Greek Food Festival and ordered dolmas - something I normally think of as safe and delicious.  It's grape leaves wrapped around rice and sometimes meat.  I did not double check the ingredients since there was cafeteria-style serving.  It was a big mistake.  I gobbled four of them and a greek salad, which I still think was safe, and about 20 minutes later felt some ominous rumblings in my stomach.  I felt achy and sick for the rest of the day.  
So, just a reminder to not get careless.  I still plan to go to food festivals and try new things, but it's always important to ask questions. If it's a situation where you can't be sure, better to be safe than sorry (for 8 hours) and not eat the food.

No comments: