Thursday, September 4, 2008

Wild Wood Art Café: Worth the drive


Location: 3663 Bee Caves Road, #4A  Austin, Texas 78746

Café Hours: Café hours:  Monday - Saturday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm CST  Sundays – closed

1-800-420-4207 or 1-512-327-9660

Walking into Wild Wood Art Café was like entering a gluten-free dream. There were reasonably-priced, gluten free delectable chocolate cupcakes with buttercream icing, sugar cookies in the shape of Texas, personal-sized bundt cakes in a variety of flavors and loaves of fresh-baked bread.

Better yet, I was able to order a turkey sandwich with basil mayonnaise and it tasted every bit as good as I’d hoped. The bread tasted great and had the mouth-feel of “normal” bread. It was so tasty, that I bought an extra one for the next day and saved it in a cooler I’d brought.

Although I didn’t eat breakfast there, I did notice that they offer gluten free pancakes and waffles until 1:00 PM. They also have a full coffee and tea bar including lattes ranging from the traditional vanilla to the more unusual pumpkin.

The friendly staff was happy to help distinguish between which of their dishes were vegan and which were gluten free.

No comments: