Monday, August 11, 2008

Rise - An elegant restaurant with tasty surprises in Dallas














Rise 
Inwood Village at 5360 West Locers Lane, Suite 220 in Dallas.
(214) 366-9900

Rise specializes in souffles, some of which can be made gluten free.  This cozy, intimate restaurant seats a modest amount of people.  I went on a Sunday afternoon and had no wait time, but I have heard that if you go at a breakfast, dinner or brunch time, you should be prepared to wait up to an hour or two.  They do accept reservations for parties of six or more.

When I sat down, I let my waiter know that I was eating gluten free.  He talked with the chef, who came to the table and discussed the menu with me - what service!  They were able to prepare the mushroom souffle without wheat flour.  Also, I enjoyed the naturally free creme brulee and a decadent chocolate souffle for dessert.  The meal came to about $25 per person, but was worth every penny!

No comments: