Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Gluten-aware at Spring Creek Barbeque








Recently, I ate at Spring Creek Barbeque in Bedford at: 1509 Airport Freeway (817) 545-0184.  
It's on the access road at the intersection with Forest Ridge. 
When I told one of the guys behind the counter that I had an allergy to wheat, they pleasantly surprised me by asking if I were gluten intolerant. 
I said I was and they sprang into action.  New knives and cutting boards were brought out and the manager quickly identified which side items I could have.  
There was a wide variety of foods that were gluten free, including, Bluebell ice cream (Homemade Vanilla is GF) for dessert!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for this review! I have Celiac disease and this was just what I was hoping to find before I run out the door! I'm even going to the same location!