Monday, December 29, 2008

Rough Creek Lodge - A great GF option


After perusing Rough Creek Lodge's website, I determined it would be safe to go there and throw myself on the mercy of the chef.  I was right!  There was nothing I wanted that was GF on the menu.  So I told the server what I wanted - No gluten and either chicken or beef and she said "No problem."  Can you imagine!  

The chef reconfigured a dish featuring mahi mahi (I'm a weirdo and I don't like fish) and recreated it with grilled chicken.  It was delicious.  They also found a GF appetizer for me - Potato onion soup. They seemed to take the Gluten-Free restriction very seriously and I felt perfectly safe eating their food.  I didn't even feel a twinge in my stomach!

For great, safe food, it's worth the drive to Glen Rose.

No comments: